This article will walk you through how to create a custom export at the Institution Level.
This applies only to users with "Multi-Desk" Institution configurations. If you are unsure whether you have been configured for "Multi-Desk" Institution, please consult our article on "Desks & Institutions".
1. After logging in you should arrive on your dashboard page, if not, just click the "Orange DD" logo in the upper left.
2. Select the name of your Institution underneath the header "My Institutions".
3. You will now need to create a "view" that will define what is included in your export. Click the "Manage Views" icon from the navigation menu.
4. Select the Desks(s) from which you would like to export information. You will only see Desks listed that you have been granted access to. After selecting the Desk(s) you would like to export, click "Get Fields" to show the fields available to export.
Note: When selecting more than one desk in a view, only field that are contained on "Shared Panels" will be available to export. If you are selecting only one desk, you will be able to export all fields in the Desk.
5. Select the fields that you would like to be included in your export, make sure to title your export, and click "Save View" at the bottom of the page.
You are now ready to export!
6. Click the export icon in the navigation bar.
7. Here you will see your different Export options.
- Request a "one time" export, or schedule a daily export based on the view you select in the "View"
- Designate that the export be encrypted
- Choose the file options (CSV, Application PDF, & Media PDF)
8. Click "Create Export" and the export should arrive in your email inbox shortly. If you are requesting an export that contains multiple desks and a large amount of fields the export could take some time to generate. If it seems the export is taking an unusually long time to arrive, make sure to check your junk mail folder to see if the email landed there. It is also possible the email could be being blocked for security reasons if it is tied to a school or work email address.
Please reach out to email@example.com should you encounter any difficulty with your export.