This article will show you how to use the Custom Export* functionality available at the "Desk" Level. If you need a refresher on "Desks" and an "Institutions", click here.
Here are the steps to create a Custom Desk export;
1. Access the Exports page by clicking the icon on the left side of the webpage shown below
This will bring you to a page that looks like this -
2. Choose the Type of export you would like.
- Application: This export will produce a single row or record per applicant. Only review fields that have been configured to be aggregated (averaged) will be available in this type of export. All application and recommendation fields can be selected as part this export.. Applications that have multiple recommendations submitted will appear in the single record or row.
- Review: This Export will produce a row or record for each individual submitted review. This means that an applicant with 3 individual reviews submitted on their application will have 3 records in the export. All review fields, application fields, and recommendation fields can be selected in this export.
3. Next, select the file format you would like for the export. These are the file type options:
* Excel will only allow up to 256 fields to be generated in this file type. This includes the default export fields. If the number of fields selected is greater than 256, the file type will default to CSV automatically.
** This requires that your desk be configured with the DecisionDesk Mailchimp integration.
4. Select/Check off the fields that would like included in the export in addition to the default fields.
5. Set your Filters: Move to the right side of the screen and set any filters that you need to customize the records that will be contained in the export. The default filter is for "Completed" applications, but you can filter for any group of applicants you would like to see by adding the appropriate filters. To add a filter just click on the "+" sign, to remove, click "remove filter"
6. Click the Export button at the bottom of the screen. The export that you have created will be sent to the email address that you are logged in with. These are usually received in a matter of minutes, but for exports that have a large amount of data, the export could take longer. If it seems like an abnormally long period of time has passed for the export to be received, try checking your junk mail folder. If you still cannot find the email, please reach out to our help desk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields that will be contained in every export by default;
- Applicant ID
- Profile URL
- When Submitted
- Review IDs
- First & Last Name
- Amount Paid
- Payment Date
- Promo Code
- When Created
- Any information entered in the DecisionDesk Education History look-up module