If you are using Windows operating system and need to rotate a video, using Windows Movie Maker is an excellent solution. Use the following steps to rotate a video in Windows Movie Maker:
- Open Windows Movie Maker. You can either drag and drop your video into the program or use the “Add videos and photos” option on the Home toolbar to select and add your video.
- Once the video has been added, look for the “Rotate left” or “Rotate right” options in the Editing section of the Home tab.
- Click either “Rotate left” or “Rotate right” depending on your needs. You will see the changes take effect immediately.
- When you have the proper orientation of the video, you will want to save it. Find the “File Icon” in the upper right-hand corner of the window, and select “Save Movie”. Select the location where you would like to save the video (“For computer” is the easiest choice). We recommend saving the video as an MP4 file type.
- The video will then begin the saving process. This may take a few minutes depending on the size of the video.
You have now successfully rotated a video using Windows Movie Maker.